Zoom (LTI Tool Provider Setup)
Note: IMPORTANT UPDATE Required FOR ZOOM LTI PRO Account Holders.
There is a new requirement for Approved Domains to be set in the Zoom LTI Pro configuration page. LTI Pro Admins have 60 days from 20th June 2020 to update the LTI Pro configuration with Approved Domains so you can use this on our platform after the 60 days.
For more information on setting up the Approved Domain on your LTI Pro configuration, please visit https://zoomappdocs.zoom.us/lti-pro-v2/welcome/getting-started
In the Approved Domain field, please ensure to include:
https://www.openlearning.com and your custom domain (if you have one).
1. The Zoom video conferencing application offers an LTI Tool in its App Marketplace called "LTI Pro" (link).
2. You will need to click "Sign in to install" and sign in with your (administrator) Zoom account, then authorize and add this application.
3. Once LTI Pro has been added to your Zoom account, you will receive the LTI Tool Provider credentials:
4. In another browser tab, log in to OpenLearning and navigate to your Institution. Under Institution Settings > Integrations click "+ Add LTI tool provider".
5. Fill in the details from the "LTI Pro" details provided earlier, you will need to copy across:
- LTI URL (to "Launch URL")
- LTI Key (to "Consumer Key")
- LTI Secret (to "Shared Secret")
In order for Zoom to verify administrator accounts, a valid email address must be passed from OpenLearning to the Zoom application. As a final setup step, scroll to the bottom of the LTI Provider setup and select the option "Personal Email Address" under Email Settings.
This option will prompt each user on their first launch to confirm an email address that will be sent to Zoom to complete the sign-on process.
Click "Save" to finish the setup process, and Zoom will now appear as a widget that can be dragged onto any course page (under the "Integrations" widget menu on page editing).
Course Administrator View
As an administrator this allows you to schedule a new meeting from within OpenLearning:
As a learner, you can then join the meeting which has been scheduled, from the same OpenLearning page:
Clicking "Join" will launch the Zoom video conferencing application and instruct it to connect to the required meeting.