How do I use the Swipe card widget?
Widgets are the tools with which course administrators create and build the pages of their course.
The Swipe card widget allows users to set up a series of images that can be swiped left or right into the appropriate categories by learners.
In order to access the widget:
- Go to the page in your course where you'd like to add this widget.
- Select Edit mode.
- In the lefthand widget menu, click on the gray container with the word Core and toggle it to Advanced.
- Click on the Swipe card widget icon. (or you can hold and drag it wherever you'd like on the page).
After adding the widget to your page, you can set it up by following the instructions below:
- Click on the Setup tab at the top of the widget.
- Edit the widget settings.
Accept Text: The first row of the Accept text is the first category option that will appear for the learner. The second row is the title of the category that displays the results to the learner. For example, anything that gets swiped into the "Accept" category will appear under the "Accepted" row at the end.
Reject Text: The first row of the Reject text is the second category option that will appear for the learner. The second row is the title of the category that displays the results to the learner. For example, anything that gets swiped into the "Reject" category will appear under the "Rejected" row at the end.
Add Card: Click here to begin adding cards for the learner to swipe. Once you click here, a new section will pop up for you to fill out.
- Title: Add a title for your new card.
- Subtitle: Add an optional subtitle to your card.
- Text: Add any additional text to your card.
- Image: Click on Choose File to add the card image.
- Save Card: Click here to save your new card.
- Add Card: Click here to add another card.
Completing activities on a page is how learners make progress and receive their certificates or complete the course.
As the administrator, you can modify how each widget tracks this progress.
To do this, click on the Completion Settings tab on the widget and choose one of the following options:
No completion tracking: This widget will not count towards completion.
Completed when all cards have been categorized: Completed once the learner has placed each card into a category.
Once the Swipe card widget is set up, it will appear like this to your learners: