As a course admin, I want to be able to easily invite staff members to my course via email
If I want to invite someone to my course as a staff member and they are not yet on OpenLearning, I have to go through quite a cumbersome process.
- Ask the person to create an OpenLearning account
- I could send them an email invite as a student.
- I could prompt them to create an account by sending them an invite to the institution.
- I could manually email them myself to ask them to create an account.
- Note: All of these options require me to then wait for the person to create an account before I can continue giving them the right staff permissions.
- When the person finishes creating an account, they then have to let me know about it.
- I then have to add their account to my staff list and give them the right permissions.
Doing this for one or two people is not too bad, but beyond that, it gets very unwieldy.
If I could specify a list of emails that I wanted to invite to the course as staff, and the system could handle the steps in between, then it frees me up to no longer have to keep monitoring my staff lists to see if people have signed up yet.