3. Private and paid classes
You can set a class according to:
- Anyone (Anyone with an OL account can join. It's free.)
- Paid (Anyone who pays a fee can enrol.)*
- Requires activation code (A private course only students who have received this code can join.)
- Invite-only (A private course only students who received an invitation can enrol.)
You can update these settings by going to Course Setup > General > Change Class.
*Note for Educators: OpenLearning deducts a 5% transaction fee from this amount, plus a processing fee from PayPal, Braintree or MOLPay (that range from 2.3%-4.5% depending on the currency and payment method).
- Open MOOC (All modules are always available. Our favourite choice!)
- Self-paced (Allow students to go at their own pace - each module becomes available when the previous module is completed. It can have a starting date - optional.)
- Scheduled (In addition to the course starting date, you can also choose dates for each module when it becomes available. Alternatively, you can also choose to allow students to continue ahead at their own pace - each module becomes available when the previous module is completed.)
You can update these settings by going to Administer students > Timeline.