How do I send a course announcement?
Announcements are a great way to touch base with your course community. As a course admin or facilitator, you can send out announcements to every member of the course including the students and the course staff.
When you send an announcement, students will receive it as both an email (provided you select the notify checkbox AND they have email notifications enabled) and an OpenLearning notification.
Your course announcements could be about:
- Course start or end times
- Key course information such as assignment dates, project submission dates, etc.
- Sharing course relevant news or articles with the community
- Celebrating course or student milestones
- ..or anything else you’d like to talk to your course community about
The recipients are notified on the platform as well as with an email. This makes announcements a good way to keep student
Who can send announcements?
Both course admins and course facilitators can make announcements in a course.
How do I send an announcement?
Go to the Announcements tab from the navigation menu and click Add Blog Post
Write your announcement title and body.
Click Save this blog post to publish your post and notify all of your students and course staff.