How do I use groups on OpenLearning?
Groups on OpenLearning are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways, here's only a few:
- Study groups can provide a space for students to discuss particular topics with like-minded classmates.
- Project groups can provide a space for students to collaborate and build solutions together.
- Tutorial groups can provide institutions with the structure they need to manage and support large numbers of students.
The groups feature on OpenLearning is highly customizable in order to cater to the needs of your course.
You can create a group type, create groups, invite learners to groups, or allow them to join groups independently. Learners can submit their ideas together as a group, or share their ideas with their group mates only - it's all up to you!
Setting up and managing groups
- How does course admin set up group types?
- How do students create groups?
- How does a course admin create and allocate groups?
- How does a course admin manage group allocations in bulk? (CSV uploads)
Setting up group activities
Hi! Can i know how to add group profile picture? I can't find a way to do it..
Hi! Please share about editing my pic. Thank you.
Hi! I hope to get a reply on my problem..
hi. can i edit back group description?
Hi Alenka and Omnaya - I just happened to come across the same issue flagged above: when logged in as a student, I can't edit a Group profile photo (the edit icon doesn't show on hover). However, I can do that perfectly well when logged in as an admin. Here's some screenshots (both taken with the mouse hovering on the Group profile pic).