How do I use the Post link widget?
Widgets are the tools with which course administrators create and build the pages of their course.
The Post link widget allows learners to post links that are then displayed in the Gallery.
In order to access the widget:
- Go to the page in your course where you'd like to add this widget.
- Select Edit mode.
- In the lefthand widget menu, click on the drop-down menu with the word Core and toggle it to Advanced.
- Click on the Post link widget icon. (or you can hold and drag it wherever you'd like on the page).
Please note: This widget currently does not come automatically paired with a Gallery widget. Gallery widgets allow learners to view and comment on the work posted within the Post link widget. In order to manually add a Gallery, please go to Advanced Widgets and place a Gallery widget beneath the Post link widget.
After adding the widget to your page, you can set it up by following the instructions below:
- Click on the Setup tab at the top of the widget.
- Edit the widget settings.
Completing activities on a page is how learners make progress and receive their certificates or complete the course.
As the administrator, you can modify how each widget tracks this progress.
To do this, click on the Completion Settings tab on the widget and choose one of the following options:
No completion tracking: This widget will not count towards completion.
Your view, as the course administrator in Edit mode, will look like this:
The Learner view will look like this: