How do I update the course navigation?
Learners can navigate through key parts of the course using the navigation menu.
To edit the course navigation bar:
Go to Course Setup > Appearance.
Scroll down to the Course Navigation section.
Adding and removing existing pages from the navigation
You'll see 2 columns:
- Links in your course navigation (left column): are the visible navigation elements in your course. To remove elements from displaying, drag them to the right column.
- Additional pages (right column): are not visible in the navigation. To make them visible, drag them to the left column.
Reordering and renaming navigation items
To change the display order of the navigation items, click on an item and drag it.
To rename a page, click the pencil to the right of the page name:
Adding pages to the navigation
You can add either:
- a new page (i.e. one that has not been created yet)
- an existing page (i.e. one that already exists within the course, or an external site)
To add a new page:
- Type in a page title
- You'll see the page appear in the navigation menu. Click on the new page from the navigation and start building the page.
To link to an existing course page or an external site:
- Type in a page or link title
- Type in the URL of the page
why can't I rename a page