How do I post a file using the File widget?
Widgets are the tools with which course administrators create and build the pages of their course.
The File widget can be used to share files from your computer with your students.
In order to access the File widget:
- Go to the page in your course where you'd like to add a file.
- Select Edit mode.
- In the lefthand widget menu, click on the File widget icon (or you can hold and drag it wherever you'd like on the page).
Supported file formats: most common file formats are supported, though most don't show a preview. For the full list of supported file formats please visit Supported file extensions.
Maximum file size: 5GB
After adding a File widget to your page, you can set it up by following the instructions below:
- Click on the Setup tab at the top of the widget.
- Drag the file(s) or click on the grey box to upload the files.
3. You can choose to Hide download link or Hide preview if you wish. (Please note: not all file formats allow preview).
4. When you're finished uploading the files, click Done.
The files you uploaded will be listed under Files:
If you'd like to remove them, simply click on Remove and Done.
Completing activities on a page is how Learners make progress and receive their certificates or complete the course.
As the administrator, you can modify how each widget tracks this progress.
To do this, click on the Completion Settings tab on the widget and choose one of the following options:
No completion tracking: This widget will not affect the learner's progress.
Completed when viewed: This widget will count as completed as soon as the learner views the file.
Completed when scrolled to: This widget will count as completed as soon as the learner scrolls down to a point in the file. You can set this to 100% to make sure the learner scrolls all the way to the end. (We recommend setting it to 90% though!)
Don't forget to click Done to save your work!