How do I assess students?
In order to assess students, you must first have set up the correct permissions in roles. Learn more about roles
You must also have set up a report in assessment design. Learn more about designing assessments
1. You can assess students from the Assess Students page located under Assessment in the sidebar.
2. On this page, you will see a table of all your students, organised by report. Each entry shows how much of that student's report has been graded. Select one of the entries to begin assessment.
3. Inside will be a list of criteria.
4. When you click on a criteria, it will expand to give you details on what and how to evaluate.
This should include evidence of learning which is represented by a tagged collection of student work. If no student work appears, check that the related activities have been tagged correctly. Learn more about outcome tags
5. As you evaluate each criteria, the total score at the bottom of the page will be adjusted to reflect the changes.
Below the total score is a comment box where assessors can include qualitative feedback.
6. Once an assessor has finished evaluating all students, they can release the results via a button at the bottom of the table.
Results can be released immediately or on a date in the future. There are also options for releasing each student report manually.
7. When you release a report, the report results become accessible to the student. The student will receive a notification that their results are available. They can then access their report results from the notification or their progress page.