Giving email permission to institutional course providers on OpenLearning
All learners joining a course from an institution via the course landing page are asked for permission to share their primary OpenLearning email address with the course provider.
There are a few reasons why the course provider may need to know a learner’s email. For example:
- Communication and engagement
- Clarifications regarding course prerequisites and expectation
- Announcements regarding content and timelines change
- Replies to any course and content related queries
- Assessment purposes
Internal data or record keeping
1. New learners joining a course via the course landing page will be prompted with a permission request to share their email address with the course provider prior to proceeding to the course.
2. Learners already enrolled in a course will be prompted with a pop-up box permission request on the course homepage, where they have to select a mandatory checkbox to continue. By checking this box, the learner agrees to share their primary email address with the course provider.
For both new and existing learners, providing email permission is mandatory in order to join a course or continue accessing a course under an institutional course provider.
Learners have the ability to withdraw email permission via their OpenLearning Account Settings.
The Email permissions section in the learner’s Account Settings lists all institutional course providers who have been granted permission to see the learner’s email address. When clicking on the Withdraw permission button against each of these providers, there will be a confirmation pop-up box, which then proceeds to remove the learner’s email address from the consent registry of that institution.
⚠️ Warning: Withdrawing email permission means the learner will be unenrolled from all courses under that institutional course provider.
If you require more information, please contact the Customer Success team via email@example.com.
Need more information about sharing of data and privacy policies of recipients.