Why can't I access my course?
There are a few different reasons why you may not be able to access your course. Below is a list of possible causes and solutions.
If the course administrator has turned the course offline before you have completed it, you can send them a message on their profile page asking them to turn it back on.
Some classes have start and end dates. If you aren’t sure about your course, try sending a message to the course administrator via their profile page or contacting them via email for more information.
For private courses, you won’t be able to access them unless you are logged into the account that was invited. Check your account settings to make sure you are logged into the right account. Sometimes, the issue may be that you aren't logged in at all. If so, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to OpenLearning.com.
- Click Log in at the top right of the page.
- Log in using the info in the invitation email you received.
- Now you can access your course via your course list.
To access your course list, simply click on the Courses link top left. A drop-down menu will open that includes:
- Your Recent courses: the list of the last 6 courses you visited.
- All your courses: the list of all courses that you are a member of.
- Search functionality allows you to search any courses you are enrolled in.
Choose the course you want to access either from the Recent Courses or All Courses list. Alternatively, find the course title by using the Search option.
Clicking on the 'three dots' icon top right will expand a menu with several options:
- Manage my courses: Select this to leave a class or a course that you are currently enrolled in.
- View course marketplace: Choose this option to explore and enroll in new courses available on our platform.
To learn how to reactivate your account, please select this help article: How do I deactivate or reactivate my account?
When you first create your OpenLearning account, you receive a verification email. If you did not click on "Verify" within this email, your access to some courses can be restricted.
If you need to verify your email address but you cannot find/did not receive a verification email from OpenLearning, you can generate a new Verification email by clicking on your OpenLearning profile icon, going to Account Settings, and selecting Verify Email. You should then receive a new verification email to the email address associated with your OpenLearning account. Open the email and click on Verify Email Address.