4. Adding content and resources
High quality content and resources:
- Are relevant to the learning outcomes
- Are relevant to module topics
- Are scaffolded and sequenced on pages in a way that maximises learning impact and learner engagement
- Use a variety of resources in meaningful ways (e.g. video, text, images, audio)
Now that you have decided your learning outcomes, module structure and the page topics to go into each module, you're now ready to decide what content and resources you will share with your learners.
For example, in the Sustainable Thinking course, in Module 4: Sustainable Living, you want to find relevant resources and content for the page titled: "Plastic packaging and rubbish."
Content and resources that you might use on this page could be:
- A video on living rubbish free
- Statistics and details about water and electricity consumption around the world
- Links to websites and written content that shares innovative companies that are supporting environmental sustainability
- Articles on the life cycle of rubbish
- Podcasts by scientists, discussing the effects of rubbish on the environment
It goes without saying that the content and resources in your course need to be relevant to the learning outcomes, module topics and pages, and sequenced in a way that helps learners to learn the page topic best.
Imagine you are crafting an experience for your learners in relation to your topic. Is there something interesting about the topic that will really connect with learners? Start with that! Or can you relate the topic to your learners' lives in a fun or meaningful way?
You can include a range of resources on a page, including video, text, embedded articles and audio files.
Follow the steps below to add content to your page:
Navigate to the page you would like to add content and click Edit
In the lefthand panel, there are a range of widgets you can add to your page. Select one of the Content widgets and drag it into your page
Add the relevant content to the widget and customise the settings as required
Click Finish Editing to save your widget customisations and click View to save the page