How do I set up access times for classes and course content?
From this page you can specify:
- Start date
- Closed for enrolment date
- End date
To change access times on course content, go to Administer learners > Timeline.
- Open MOOC: All modules are always available.
- Self-paced : Allow learners to go at their own pace - each module becomes available when the previous module is completed.
- Scheduled: Schedule modules so that they become available after a specific date.
Scheduled content access by modules
If you choose for course content to become available to learners on a scheduled basis, you will be able to set release dates for each course module.
On the release date, learners in the class will be able to access the pages in the module.
To change your timezone, go to Administer Learners > Timeline.
Click on the dropdown menu and choose your timezone from the list.
Our platform stores time in UTC. For instance:
· Your class starts at 12:00 pm Sydney time.
· The platform records this as 01:00 am UTC.
· When clocks switch to daylight saving time, this will still be 01:00 am UTC.
· Instead of starting at 12:00 pm Sydney time, the access time will switch to 11:00 pm Sydney time.
What this means is you will have to manually adjust access times using the steps above if you want to keep the same hours in your time zone.
I previously added due dates to the modules but now I want to give it open access. When I selected this option, my students said that they activities remained closed for them. Can you help me opening this back up?