From my personal experience, quiz set up is the weakest sector on the OL platform. It's worth getting a few expert course designers to beef up the assessment functions. Some suggestions below:
- Timing/duration function for quizzes
- One of the benefits of e-learning is to empower students flexibility. Timing function for quizzes will help Ss decide when and where they'd like to take the assessment.
- More quiz types
- Click and drag (picture on picture, not just text)
- Order sensitive question types (i.e. ranking, ordering flow chart)
- Specific feedback for error in quiz
- For example, in categorization tasks, a feedback response which highlights only the incorrect attempts would be helpful for a formative task. Blanket error response is not conducive. Allowing individualised grading feedback for each question is appreciated.
Like Follow 1